Posted On: 08/07/2012
Got a question? Ask our experts.
By Plant Services Staff
Plant Services is proud to announce the launch of Ask the Experts. We've selected some of the most prominent figures in the industrial world to be on our expert panel, and they can't wait to answer your questions. Big or small, specific or general, our team of experts has the answers you need. Just send us your question; we will forward it to the appropriate expert and post the answer as soon as possible. Here is a list of topics and corresponding experts:
- Asset Management Software, David Berger, P.Eng., contributing editor at Plant Services and partner at Western Management Consultants
- Compressed Air Systems, Ron Marshall, CET, CEM, industrial systems officer at Manitoba Hydro and project development and marketing committee of Compressed Air Challenge
- Control Systems, Jeremy Pollard, CET, private consultant, designer, and code writer, and publisher of The Software User Online
- Electrical Systems, Joseph Weigel, owner of Electrical Safety Works, member of NFPA and IEE, with more than 40 years of experience with electrical distribution equipment, and an expert on electrical workplace safety
- Facilities Management, J. Stanton McGroarty, CMRP, CMfgE, senior technical editor, Plant Services
- Industrial Networks, Larry O’Brien, global marketing manager of Fieldbus Foundation and former research director for process automation at ARC Advisory Group
- Industrial Safety, Patrick Ostrenga, founder of Occupational Safety and Health Auditing, Compliance Assistance Services, and board member for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, College of Education, Department of Occupational & Environmental Safety and Health
- Energy Efficiency, Bill Holmes, founder of Holmes Energy and recipient of the Dept. of Energy Award for Energy Innovation
- Predictive Maintenance, J. Stanton McGroarty, CMRP, CMfgE, senior technical editor, Plant Services
- Process Management, Lean, and Six Sigma, Ron Hanners, owner, Worldwide Consulting Group
- Pumps and Oil Mist Lubrication, Heinz Bloch, mechanical engineering consultant and author who holds seven patents on high-speed machinery improvements
Wanted: A new CEO for ABB
ABB Chief Executive Officer Joe Hogan has decided to leave ABB for private reasons.
Successfully implement your next shutdown, turnaround, or outage by attending STO 2013
To empower your team for success, the STO conference unites a network of shutdown and maintenance professionals, thought leaders, and experts who are serious about helping you improve efficiency and effectiveness on these critical projects.
Sign up now for the lubrication webcast
Join industry experts who speak with Chief Editor Mike Bacidore about lubrication ideas you can use.
Sign up now for the electrical safety, arc flash webcast
Join industry experts as they speak with Chief Editor Mike Bacidore about how regulations such as NFPA 70E impact the plant.
Shell lubricants specialist awarded honorary professorship at Beijing's Tsinghua University
Dr. Gunsel will provide the institution with advice on nanotechnology in lubricants, manipulating matter on an atomic and molecular scale.
Atlas Copco uses culture of compliance to become one of the world's most ethical companies
Atlas Copco was named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute.
Register for the 3rd Hydro Plant Maintenance and Reliability Conference
The 3rd Hydro Plant Maintenance and Reliability Conference November 5-7, 2013, in Denver, Colorado, will allow you to hear from industry leading speakers.
Could preventive maintenance have stopped the Super Bowl blackout?
A relay caused the Super Bowl blackout, but was the equipment defective, or was it used incorrectly?
Fluke recalls digital clamp meters
Fluke Corporation is voluntarily recalling certain Digital Clamp Meters that were manufactured between Sept. 1, 2010 and Oct. 31, 2012.
We want to hear from you
We'd like to know how much you value Plant Services.
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers