In this Big Picture Interview, Chris Mears talks about the responsibilities of being a rising star in the maintenance and reliability profession.
How much of the energy you put into your air compressor actually makes it to the end use?
By installing an energy monitoring system at the beginning of every project, all of the hours and dollars associated with benchmarking, estimating energy use, projecting savings and other tasks can be eliminated.
As more research shows, women’s tendency to study non-STEM subjects is because of the way they were raised, not because they tend to do better with more art-focused or creative fields.
August 20, 2014, 1:00 p.m. CST
Modern CMMS/EAM software provides a tool for management to extract the most value out of a company's physical assets, throughout the entire asset lifecycle and across the various silos of the enterprise. This value proposition relies heavily on a well-integrated system, from the design, procurement and building of assets, to their operation, maintenance, and disposal. Asset management software should be used to properly integrate your work program and projects (eg, shutdowns), with the management of anomalies (eg, HSE incidents) and other risks. Enterprise-wide integration helps to optimize asset availability, performance, reliability, quality of output, and the total cost of ownership.
- Overcome potential problems with power quality
- Infographic: World energy statistics
- Infographic: The importance of removing oil from water
- How EAM technology is changing the movement of products and people
- Kito Americas aquires Peerless Industrial Group
- The Fieldbus Foundation and HART Communication Foundation set to merge in 2015
- ABB agrees to acquire Spirit IT to build liquid flow computers
- GE invests minority equity in Meridium
- 5S floor marking tape color standards
- How VFDs save energy
- 5 tips for managing spare parts
- Ground faults might be lurking in your variable-frequency drive systems
- White Papers
- Magic quadrant for enterprise asset management for manufacturing
- Has IoT left your building automation system vulnerable?
- Electrical equipment PdM
- Omative's ACM Adaptive Feed Rate Control is made to prolong grinding wheel life by adjusting the feed rate
- Air Control Industries' ‘EP10AH’ industrial blower is engineered to guarantee correct alignment of the integrated precision spindle
- Patlite’s NE signal light is constructed to provide seven different signal colors to notify personnel of changing equipment
- PYI's PSS Shaft Seal is designed to be available for shafts ranging from 3/4" to 6"
- E Instruments' BTU1500 is designed to meet the needs for the mechanical contractors
- Megger's MRCT test set designed for electromechanical relays
- Franklin's Energy Management Starter features monitoring and protection
- Atlas introduced heat pump combining heating and cooling options
Recent Job Postings:
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.